Robusta Chocolate Cafe in Maadi is the place to go to if you want a quick sandwich or salad for breakfast, an item from the bakery, a good cup of coffee or a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth! The place is really cozy and relaxing so you could visit for some quiet time to work on your computer or read a book. Their specialty is clearly crepes, waffles and pancakes which you’ll be able to tell once you enter and find the chocolate fountains and the rich chocolate and coffee aroma that fills the place.
What we tried:
- Brownie Crepe
- Waffle Witch
- Robusta Pancakes
- Caramel Frappe and Peanut Butter Frappe
What we found very impressive:
- The Brownie Crepe is a thin layer of soft brownie wrapped up in a yummy crepe that is coated with white, milk and dark chocolate
- The Waffle Witch is basically an ice cream sandwich but with waffles instead of biscuits. A generous dollop of vanilla ice cream is snuggled between two very crunchy waffle layers that are drenched with three types of chocolate. This dessert is a great combination of cold ice cream and warm chocolate but the chocolate freezes over the ice cream in seconds so you have to dig in quick!
- The Robusta pancakes is a stack of pancakes with thin slices of fruits like apples, kiwi, and banana that is covered with white, milk and dark chocolate sauce. The pancake batter is flavored with cinnamon and the silky sweet chocolate is perfectly balanced out with the fresh fruit slices.
- The frappe is refreshing and the coffee is strong, perfect on a hot day!
Things to consider:
- The location is great for a quick bite and desert
- The outdoor area is spacious and suitable for birthdays and groups of friends and the indoor area is super cozy with high tables and a comfy couch
Location: Hub 50 Mall, Zahraa Maadi
Opening hours: 7 am – 3 am
Tel: 0100 146 0155