Bahar Indian Restaurant offers a great dining experience and authentic Indian food that will tingle your taste buds! Located on a quiet street in Nasr City, Bahar isn’t just a dining spot to eat and run, they give you the whole experience of a full course dinner and chill time in the terrace. Capturing the Indian essence of meditation and chilling, after you’ve finished your meal, head to their outdoor area to relax and enjoy your dessert and tea.
What we tried:
- Nan Bread
- Potato Samosa
- Karak Roll
- Lasooni Tikka Chicken
- Butter Chicken
- Palak Paneer
- Kashmiri Pulao Rice
- Kulfi Ice Cream
- Bahar Cooling Drink
What we found very impressive:
- The Lasooni Tikka Chicken is perfectly spiced marinated boneless chicken with a creamy sauce of yogurt, garlic, cumin, saffron and masala.
- The Butter Chicken is creamy and full of flavor, the sauce is a combination of tomato puree, butter, garlic paste, masala, cumin and chili.
- The Kashmiri Pulao Rice is a mix of white and turmeric spiced basmati rice with cashews, raisins, and almonds. The dish is served in a tajine covered with bread that is cut open and reveals the colorful surprise rice inside.
Things to consider:
- Although it is addictive, try not to eat too much bread because it will ruin your appetite!
- The service is super hospitable and staff treat everyone like family
- You probably won’t find this Kulfi Ice Cream anywhere else in Egypt
Location: 5 El Fariq Ali Amer St. off of Makram Ebeid St., Nasr City
Opening hours: 1 pm – 12 am
Tel: 0122 717 3375